Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

A few days ago I was getting into the festivities of the season. Raking leaves, crafting and decorating my house for Autumn. After a rather productive day I decided to celebrate the falling of the leaves with a meatloaf dinner. I have no idea why meatloaf reminds me of fall but it does! I had never made it before so I hit up my favorite cooking site for a little inspiration. The ingredients I used, made the best meatloaf I have ever had. Hands down. I baked and served mine in small ramekins. It made for the perfect personal size servings. Original recipe makes 8 servings however, I had just under 1 pound of beef and it was just enough for the two of us :-)
1 egg 3/4 cup milk 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (I used 1/2 c. unseasoned bread crumbs instead) 1 teaspoon salt 1 pound ground beef 2/3 cup ketchup 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard (I used dijonaise) Directions 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2.In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.I used small ramekins placed on top a cookie sheet to prevent drippage 3.In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf. 4.Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That was AMAZING meatloaf, and I like meatloaf. It was much more filling that the size would lend you to believe too. Bonus.

    ReplyDelete