Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why are you blogging?

A question I found myself asking every time a friend or acquaintance would post a link to their new blogging page on Facebook or Myspace. To me, It seemed a little egotistic to think that you could have such an interesting life, that people need subscribe to your site. That they need follow your every move and hang on your published words.

Something has changed for me. I have something to share. I want to talk about the things that bring me joy. I want to share the moments that make me proud, ones that make my day. I want to give something. I want to inspire others by sharing what inspires me. I think I understand why people blog now.

I recently moved across the country to Pennsylvania. My husband works and I am at home. Getting adjusted to new surroundings, new culture and a new way of living has come surprisingly easy. I can't believe how many new things I have found that I enjoy doing, now that I have so much free time. For instance, cooking.

Occasionally, in the past, I enjoyed cooking a good meal. Maybe once a week. Baking? Two or three times a year. Looking back, I think I did it so little because, by the time I got home from work, making a mess then cleaning it up, did not appeal to me. On my days off baking and meal preparing seemed like work, not fun, especially since I am so messy in the kitchen. Now that I have so much free time, I have found that I really love to cook! I cannot believe how rewarding it is to sit down at breakfast with my husband and know that I made such a yummy breakfast. Same goes with dinners.

 I have realized that I like walking for exercise, Shooting bow and arrows, clipping coupons, managing a budget, cleaning my house, doing dishes, yard work and being a one car household. Everything but the archery part is something I would have never seen myself enjoying before.

So my blogging may vary in content. It could be anything from my latest adventure to a good recipe I found. Viva La Vida!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Stacey! I'm so glad you are getting to enjoy your time at home and finding things that you love to do. I'm kind of on the other end of things. I cooked and cleaned and homeschooled for so many years, it feels good to not have to any more. :) Keep blogging - I'll read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Built like a horse and heavy as one too. Moved it three times now, and its awesome to see it put to use by such imaginative and skillful hands. How many people can say they sew on a machine from 1948? Shes amazing.

    ReplyDelete